Promote Participation in Your District
Below is a sample email you can send to participating schools in your district. Please forward along with your personal encouragement:
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Please participate in the 2006 NetDay Speak Up Survey
Now in its fourth year, NetDay Speak Up is an annual national research project that collects the voices and views of key stakeholders in education on topics such as educational technology, science, math, and 21st workforce skills. Over the past three years the project has collected the viewpoints of over 562,000 K-12 students from all 50 states, as well as 26,000 teachers. For the first time this year we've also added Speak Up for Parents!
The results of the surveys are shared with participating schools and districts so that they can use the data for planning and community discussion. In addition, the findings and data are used by local, state, and national organizations, business groups, and government agencies to inform new programs and polices.
Our district has committed to having at least 15% of our students and teachers take the online survey. Because we will have access to our aggregated school and district data, this is a great opportunity for students, teachers, and parents to join in a local and national dialog about significant and timely issues impacting education today.
* The secret word for schools in our district is: ____________
* The Speak Up dates are Wednesday, November 1 - Thursday, November 30, 2006.
* Students, teachers, and parents can use our secret word to access the surveys at www.netdayspeakup.org. (Parents can take the survey without the secret word.)
* Visit the NetDay Speak Up How-to guide (http://www.netday.org/SPEAKUP/speak_up_how_to.htm) for ideas on how to promote the Speak Up event at your school. You can print out a flier to post at your school or use our email text to send reminders to your teachers.
Thank you and we look forward to your participation.