Promote Participation at Your School
Below is a sample email you can send to participating teachers, students, and or parents in your school. Please forward along with your personal encouragement:
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Now in its fourth year, NetDay Speak Up is an annual national research project that collects the voices and views of key stakeholders in education on topics such as educational technology, science, math, and 21st workforce skills. Over the past three years the project has collected the viewpoints of over 562,000 K-12 students from all 50 states, as well as 26,000 teachers. For the first time this year we've also added Speak Up for Parents!
The results of the surveys are shared with participating schools and districts so that they can use the data for planning and community discussion. In addition, the findings and data are used by local, state, and national organizations, business groups, and government agencies to inform new programs and polices.
Our school has committed to having at least 15% of our students and teachers take the online survey. Because we will have access to our aggregated school data, this is a great opportunity for students, teachers, and parents to join in a local and national dialog about significant and timely issues impacting education today.
* Our school's secret word is: ____________
* The Speak Up dates are Wednesday, November 1 - Thursday, November 30, 2006.
* Students and teachers will use our secret word to take the surveys at www.netdayspeakup.org (Parents can take the survey without the secret word.).
* The NetDay Speak Up website (www.netday.org/speakup) offers a How-to Guide for participants including lesson plans, helpful suggestions, and other resources for making the survey experience a success.
Thank you and we look forward to your participation.